1. SMT has High reliability and strong anti-vibration abilitySMT chip processing uses chip components with high reliability, small size, light weight, strong anti-vibration ability, automated production, high installation reliability, and poor solder joint rate is generally lower than 10 parts per million, which is The wave soldering technology of through-hole insertion components is an order of magnitude lower, which can ensure that the solder joint defect rate of electronic products or components is low. At present, nearly 90% of electronic products use the SMT process.
2. Good high frequency characteristics and reliable performance of SMTDue to the firm mounting of chip components, the device is usually leadless or short lead, which reduces the influence of parasitic inductance and parasitic capacitance, improves the high frequency characteristics of the circuit, and reduces electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. The maximum frequency of the circuit designed with SMC and SMD can reach 3 GHz, while the chip component is only 500 MHz, which can shorten the transmission delay time. It can be used in circuits with clock frequencies above 16MHz. If MCM technology is used, the high-end clock frequency of the computer workstation can reach 100 MHz, and the additional power consumption caused by parasitic reactance can be reduced by 2-3 times.
3. Improve productivity and realize automated productionAt present, to fully automate the perforated mounting of printed boards, the area of the original printed boards must be expanded by 40%, so that the insertion head of the automatic plug-in can be inserted into the components, otherwise there will be insufficient clearance and the parts will be damaged. The automatic placement machine (SM421 / SM411) uses a vacuum nozzle to suck and place components. The vacuum nozzle is smaller than the shape of the component, but instead increases the installation density. In fact, small components and fine-pitch QFP devices are produced by automatic placement machines to achieve automatic production across the board.
4. Reduce costs of PCBA(1) The area of the printed board is reduced, and the area is 1/12 of the through-hole technology. If CSP is used for installation, the area will be greatly reduced;
(2) Reduce the number of holes drilled on the printed board and save rework costs;
(3) Due to the improvement of frequency characteristics, the cost of circuit debugging is reduced;
(4) Due to the small size and light weight of the chip components, the cost of packaging, transportation and storage is reduced;
SMT chip processing technology can save materials, energy, equipment, manpower, time, etc., and the cost can be reduced by as much as 30% and 50%.